Tire & Wheel Packages at
PLEASE NOTE: We are a
full line dealer for
Call us today for pricing
- Alloy USA
- American Racing
- BFGoodrich Tires
- Doetsch Tech
- Goodyear Tires
- Interco Tires
- JKS Mfg.
- Precision Gear
- Rough Country
- Tom Wood's Custom
12906 Ventura Court
Shakopee, MN 55379
Hack 'n Tap Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit
Quantity in Basket:
Shipping Weight: 2.00 pounds
NEW LOW PRICE! WAS $119.99, NOW $99.99
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then once
again Iron Rock Off Road has the perfect solution for
you: our hack-n-tap slip yoke eliminator
kit for your Jeep. We have put together a budget friendly
solution to your driveline vibrations. With this kit, we provide a new yoke for your transfer
case, mounting hardware, and step by step installation
instructions. Installation takes only 1-2 hours and does
not require opening your transfer case.
- Do you want to run 4.5" of lift or more on your Cherokee?
- Does your lifted Cherokee have a vibration during accelerating or when driving at highway speeds?
- Do you need a slip yoke eliminator to ensure vibration free highway driving?
- Do you hate transfer case drops because they solve vibrations, but rob ground clearance?
- Do you want to add 1" more ground clearance under the belly of your Jeep where you need it most?
- Did your lift kit come with plastic transfer case drop spacers and you're a little nervous about that?
- Do you just hate slip yokes? I mean really, what was Jeep thinking?
- Are you on a tight budget?
Your friends may tell you that this solution isn't as
strong as a heavy duty slip yoke eliminator kit with a
new 32 spline output shaft. This is true; our hack-n-tap
kit retains the stock 27 spline output shaft, however people
have been wheeling very successfully on the stock 27
spline output shaft for many years. Of course if you
want the the heavy duty version
check it out here, but if you want a budget friendly
permanent solution click "add to basket" and we'll ship one
out to you right away. You know you want one!! Get rid
of that clearance robbing t-case drop and having nothing
standing in the way of lifting your Jeep as tall as you
Why do you need this kit?
- Cures driveline vibration caused by lifting a Cherokee
4 1/2" or more.
- Allows you to remove your transfer case
drop, gaining you 1" of ground clearance or more, right
under the belly of the beast where you need it most! This
also moves your transfer case further away from the rocks
and allows you to raise your t-case skid plate (if
- Great for running a lower lift heights to avoid dropping your transfer case.
- Wow, it's so inexpensive!
- Great for tall lift kits where a transfer case drop
just isn't enough.
- Installation is easy compared to kits that include a new output shaft.
- It just plain works great!
- You can use another XJ front driveshaft with this yoke! That
means your front and rear driveshafts will be identical!
- All 96 and newer XJ Jeep Cherokee's and 95 and older XJ's when using the seal flange (sold separately as an option above)
*231 transfer cases with the 3
hole mounting seal housing will need the seal flange sold
as an option above. This is typically found on older 231 cases
(generally pre-1996). If you are not sure, please look at
the back of your transfer case before ordering. If you
are still unsure after looking, please call us.
Older style - the seal flange is needed
with this style (must have 3 hole
Newer style - seal flange not needed
with this style.
- ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokee 242 transfer cases
your 242 case has the 27 spline output shaft. These applications
will require a custom length driveshaft. Please call us for
- ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokee 247/249 transfer cases
These applications use a case hardened output shaft in the
transfer case. This can make it difficult to drill and tap
successfully without the proper equipment. A custom length
driveshaft will be required for this application as well.
- Fits vehicles that have the AX-5/AX-15 manual trans. A
custom shaft could be necessary in these vehicles.
- Cutting, drilling, and tapping required.
3/8-16 hand tap, 1/4" and 5/16" drill bits required. The
transfer case output shaft is case hardened, so be sure to
cut off the entire pilot hole (or you will need a carbide
- WHAT DRIVESHAFT TO USE: This kit is designed to use a
factory front Jeep Cherokee driveshaft. A factory XJ front shaft can be
found at your local salvage yard for only $15-45! If you don't
have a local salvage/junk/U-pull-it yard, another great resource
is www.car-part.com. Iron Rock
Off Road also sells this kit with the option of adding a brand new custom
heavy duty driveshaft. This option can be found in the drop
down list at the top of this product page.
- XJ's with over 6.5" lift may require a custom driveshaft.
To be certain, you must measure per the instructions. If you
are not sure if this will work on your Jeep, please measure
per the instructions before ordering.
Image Type: Main Image
Hack N Tap Drill Jig - 27 spline
XJ Hack-N-Tap Slip Yoke Eliminator Seal Housing
XJ Leaf Spring Degree Shims with centering pins